InfectoDell is a leading treatment for molluscum contagiosum with 5% potassium hydroxide. It’s simple to apply to adults and children over 2 years of age and produces rapid results.
Did you know?
- The active ingredient used in InfectoDell has been the subject of a number of clinical studies across the world.
- Doctors have found that when applied to the blisters once or twice a day they start to disappear within a matter of days and many patients become free of the blisters within a few weeks.
- Treatment is easy to follow and unlikely to cause significant discomfort to the patient.
When painted onto the molluscum blisters this sets off an irritant reaction which stimulates the body’s own immune system to attack the virus. The virus is destroyed and the blisters heal.
How can I recognize water wards?
Molluscum Contagiosum is a highly contagious viral skin condition. It can affect both adults and children with over half of sufferers being between 3 and 11 years of age.
The blisters are easy to recognize and tend to appear in clusters. Left untreated they will disappear on their own in the majority of cases, and whilst each individual blister may last about 2-3 months, new blisters appear nearby. Because of this, total clearance can take up to 2 years as new blisters keep appearing.
As a result, many people are unwilling to leave it to chance as the blisters can look unsightly and remain infectious. It is common to transfer the virus from one body site to another by touch. Children usually acquire molluscum from direct contact with an infected playmate or from inanimate objects such as a shared towel.
Why use InfectoDell?
InfectoDell is a Class I Medical Device which has a proven track record in published clinical trials to speed up the natural process of eliminating this virus from the body.
Treatment is easy to follow and unlikely to cause significant discomfort to the patient.
InfectoDell contains a stable solution of potassium hydroxide (also known as KOH).
This agent has been used for many years in medical laboratories as it is capable of breaking down the hard keratin surface of the skin.
When painted onto the molluscum blisters this sets off an irritant reaction which stimulates the body‘s own immune system to attack the virus. The virus is destroyed and the blisters heal.
Advantages of InfectoDell
- Gentle therapy
- High compliance > 90%1,2,3,5
- Outstanding tolerability
- No blood during use
- No local anesthetic needed
(1) Jansen et al. (2007) Akt. Dermatol. 33: 210-215
(2) Short et al. (2006) Pediatr. Dermatol. 23: 279-281
(3) Romiti (2006) Unpublished data zu 4.
(5) Romiti et al. (1999) Pediatr. Dermatol. 16: 228-231